Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday

 Well, Sunday night is always a bit casual here.I go and pick the kids up from the farm and it's dinner time by the time we get here. It's usually noodles, scrambled eggs, something simple. There is no hot water up there so they are normally filthy. A nice warm bath soaks all the dirt off and leaves it in a nice ring on the bath. I can tell how much fun they have had by how dirty they are. Miss E was busy painting canvasses this weekend, Mr N was enjoying dressing up as a pirate policeman, complete with dagger and numerous accessories. I tried to take some photos of the yellow fields with my iphone but they don't do the view justice. You can see a tiny strip of yellow which is cannola I think. You may be able to make out some grey humps, about 20 kangaroos in
a line. I wish I had a zoom. My other camera probably would not have done much better. One day I will get a digital SLR. I have a manual one but it's too expensive to develop.
Yesterday I ended up going to the Sisters market in the morning and the Finders market in the afternoon. Both were great in their own ways. So much talent. Makes me humble and realize that my own little efforts really are very amateur but it won't stop me. I didn't buy much because I am pretty broke at the moment. I didn't go to work because I was feeling pretty rotten. It's been a while since I've called in sick. Felt pretty guilty about it, of course as soon as I rang in I started to feel better. Why is that? So, another week begins.  Mr M is away all week up in New South Wales, so it's all up to me.
I was thinking today, I am in danger of spending so much time fiddling with the computer at the moment that I will not have time to live, to do things,see things, then I won't have anything to write about!! So on that note, I will head off. Tomorrow we have a free day. I think I will spend it doing all the things I should have done today!

No comments: