Monday, June 6, 2011

Things I've Been Making

I haven't written much about what I've been making lately. I feel like I haven't been doing much but, actually, there are a few things:


I made my Mum this funny bird using this wonderful Attic24 tutorial. 


I made this draft snake out of my own head. He turned out a bit pointy in the head due to an ironing incident, but he does the job. I filled him with recycled newspaper kitty litter, which has seemed to work OK. I think of him as a prototype.

I made this flat teddy from Curly Pops Fuzzy Bear Softie He's a bit wonky too. I'm sending him to a little newborn who won't mind. 
As well as that, I have made a little visit to the Wool Baa in Albert Park and bought a few balls of Silky Merino DK. I made Miss E a red beanie for school and am in the process of making a black and red one for Mr N, using the free pattern they gave me. The wool is so soft!! I have many more ideas running around in my head. The problem with me is that the idea is often better than the finished product! Ah well. At least I try....


1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hi Bron, you have been very creative!I love the softie! Glad you made it to the market and the exhibition, I didn't get to the sisters market this time, but went to the spinners & weavers with a friend (even managed to duck in to the nearby op-shop on the way! ) I was very good and resisted buying any wool - although it was so tempting! I was talking with one of the lovely ladies about her knitted necklace, which it turns out is from this year's Better Homes and Gardens Autumn knitting book (which I have) - I am inspired to try one myself now, it will be a challenge because it is made on circular needles, which I have never used before!!!