Thursday, July 7, 2011

What have I been doing?


I've been quiet on here lately.
  • I must have been extremely busy.....Nope!
  • I must have had lots of appointments....nope!
  • Maybe I've been doing very exiting, stimulating, interesting and fun things with my delightful, beautiful children.....Not really.
  • Some amazing, strenuous, creative work in my garden....nope. 
  • Has my house has been cleaned and sorted out from top to bottom....nope! 
  • Some knitting, sewing or making .....does a plain black scarf count? 
No, I have not been doing anything inspiring that I can really put my finger on.
Here is what I have been doing for sure:
  • Washing, drying and folding of clothes, although not enough and not fast enough.
  • Cooking plain, boring dinners, with a couple of exceptions.
  • washing dishes again and again and again....
You can just see my chin in the mirror
  • Yelling and shouting!! I have been doing lots of that. My kids get a bad case of the sillies quite frequently. It drives me mad!!! I feel like a real party pooper but the sillier they get, the madder I get and mostly it ends in tears (sometimes mine!) I am trying lots of new strategies. (with help from Picklebums and Baby Mac ) Sometimes it works. Tonight I have used the divide and conquer method. I have one in the bath and the other is playing the DS (I know...bad!) 
  • We spent a night at sovereign hill (more later)
  • Today we saw the Cars 2 movie with the free tickets I got from Nuffnang
  • Just finished a great book I found at the library: Faces in the clouds by Matt Nable
  • About to launch into : The Tigers Wife by Tea Obreht
  • I have been wasting time on Pinterest
  • And more time on instagram 
 I guess we can't all be amazing all of the time. It's holidays here. We're off to the zoo in the morning. I am going to try really hard not to shout!!

    No comments: